Korean Seafood Broth Recipe
Super nutrient-rich broth, perfect for making Korean soups and stews.
- Carcass from at least a 4-5 pound white fleshed fish (e.g., snapper, rockfish, blackfish) with gills removed. Cut as need to fit into pressure cooker.
- Shells and heads from at least 1 pound shrimp, turned into shrimp mush.
- 1/4 cup medium sized dried whole anchovies
- 4 whole shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 whole onion, roughly chopped with skin left on
- 2 small Korean radishes left whole or a 4 inch chunk of daikon radish cut in half
- 1 small whole head of garlic sliced through middle
- 4 whole scallions, roughly chopped
- 2 cups Chinese celery, roughly chopped (regular celery can be used)
- 2 pieces of dried kelp
Add all ingredients to pressure cooker.
Fill with water to max line.
Cook on high pressure for 30 mins. (Don't start timing until high pressure is reached.)
Allow pressure to release naturally.
Allow broth to cool then strain.
Now ready to be saved or immediately used.
- Please see blog post for fish head and shrimp mush prep.
- Also note - that this broth will need further seasoning with salt and or fish sauce when used in recipes.