This is the first recipe I made with my Garlic Scape, Pistachio, and Butter Pesto. And it’s gluten-free! What the what? I think I just heard the internet cry when I said gluten-free gnocchi. Cry with joy? Of course.
Let’s all calm down. Gnocchi is practically all potato. And since I hate making anything with flour, I usually buy mine pre-made. I really enjoy DeLallo’s gluten-free version. (Ingredients and links for making your own at the end of the post.*)
Basically, this is all about the pesto. And you should definitely go make my pesto. Or at least make a pesto with melted butter instead of olive oil. Good butter. Grass-fed butter. Golden and full of Vitamin K2. Vitamin K2 is the stuff your bones love. We all love strong healthy bones. And even your heart likes it. Plus! You absorb more nutrients from your vegetables when you cook them in butter.
Do you even butter? Because I just called butter a health food. Maybe you should too.
And let’s not forget about the shrimp. They are full of minerals your body loves. Remember to keep the heads and shells for making broth.
Gluten-Free Gnocchi with Butter Pesto and Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Small onion chopped
- 3/4-1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 12 oz of gluten-free gnocchi
- 3-4 tablespoons of Garlic Scape, Pistachio, and Butter Pesto (see blog post for link to recipe)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for serving
For the gnocchi
- Cook according to package instructions. If using DeLallo, it only takes 2 minutes after the water comes to a boil.
For the pesto sauce
- Heat butter and olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion and a little salt and allow onions to become translucent.
- Add shrimp and stir until cooked through.
- Lower heat and add cooked gnocchi, then stir in pesto and take off heat.
- Mix in lemon zest, salt, and black pepper.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Pesto! Have you made some yet? If you have any questions or suggestions please leave them in the comments. Thanks!
*DeLallo ingredients: Potato (85%), rice flour, potato starch, salt, lactic acid & sorbic acid. Pretty good, yeah?